It takes lot for a food to get a coveted slot in my daily smoothies or in my daily eating regiment. I put a lot of work into my research on mother nature's bounty, to choose the best of the best to take in on a daily basis.
Many of the quality foods are very expensive, but when you are fortunate to be making good cash such as I am, if behooves me to take advantage of the heavy hitting nutritional and healing powerhouses that mother nature is begging us to try.
Sea Buckthorn has officially made the roster of my "dream team" daily regiment. My philosophy is basically the same as the old saying, "you are what you eat". More scientifically put, the bio-mass of your body, i.e. the makeup of the cells, bone, blood, skin, and all the rest is composed of the foods we eat. A bio-mass composed of healing, nutritious foods, in my humble opinion, is the best way to fight sickness and disease.
I admit, I am somewhat obsessed with finding foods that help give youthful appearance and vitality as we progress through the years. I figure I can milk this "40-something athletic" flow for another 30 years if I play it right. Actually, I'm over forty something, but I don't have the heart to tell co workers and such, often in their early and mid forties, that I am older than they are, when they think I'm younger or the same age. As long as I keep finding foods like Sea Buckthorn, I can keep the "age scam" going.
Known as the “Holy Fruit of the Himalayas,” sea buckthorn has been cherished by native Tibetans, Siberians, and other areas of Asia for centuries for its incredible health and healing qualities. I'm always fond of those plants, fruits, and veggies that grow in those frigid Siberian type climates, because they develop into rugged, nutrient dense, hearty plants.
So the legend goes, in the 12th Century BC, the ancient Greeks in Eastern Turkey turned their horses out to die after a battle. They were shocked when the horses came back days later rejuvenated with shining coats. The miracle was traced to the sea buckthorn plant. Modern science continues to confirm what the ancients knew about this incredible plant. You're on the web, there is a wealth of reliable information on the incredible properties of this plant. Nonetheless, I will list a few tidbits below…………………
-Its one of the only natural sources for the rare Omega-7 fatty acid, which has been found to aid weight loss, help prevent type 2 diabetes, and improve the look and feel of skin
-It’s impact on skin health has led it to be used as an effective treatment for burns and dermatitis, and it’s anti-aging power will transform your skin
-No fewer than 3 different clinical studies found sea buckthorn was able to aid in weight loss or prevention of weight gain from a high fat diet
-It contains over 190 different nutrients, including every vitamin known to man
-Besides this, it’s been shown to enhance immunity, lower cholesterol and boost heart and vascular health, plus much more..
-You're already on the web, so you can pull up much info on sea buckthorn.
I am purchasing my Sea Buckthorn from a company I rave about on this blog called Genesis Today. I love their products, Goji, Acai, Mangosteen, and Sea Buckthorn, because they use the 100% total fruit bottled in glass including seed oils, juice, pulp, skin or inner rinds as opposed to just fruit juice, thus giving a more balanced and well rounded nutritional profile of the fruit, closer to the way nature intended it, not like many scammers who take advantage of a product becoming popular, and mixing a little of the nutrient with cheaper fruit juices.
Genesis Today is not an inexpensive product, but the benefits of products like this are well worth the money to me. I've never been sick a day in my life beyond a bad cold after a half century in this crazy toxic world!!!! (knock on wood). I have no affiliation with Genesis Today, just trying to help those getting started with wellness to steer away from cheap and bogus products and get the higher quality ones.
As I will start to do with all the products I recommend, to help people determine how to find a quality product, below is a list of pointers to help find a quality sea buckthorn product (if you want to try something other than Genesis Today) such as Sea Buckthorn capsules.
3 Things To Look For When Buying Sea Buckthorn
1. You want both berry and seed oil. The exciting research on this plant has found incredible benefits from both the seeds and the berries. But some things the seeds have been found to do, the berries haven’t – and vice versa.
2. You want 1000MG of pure Sea Buckthorn per serving. If the label doesn’t say how much actual sea buckthorn is in the product it’s a sure bet there’s barely a trace amount there. If a company doesn’t even show the label on the website – run the other way.
3. If Taking capsules, a good option for daily intake, You want a 30 to 60 day supply. Seldom will there results and sense of better well being in less than 30 days. You want to take 1,000 MG twice a day. Most manufacturers will break 1,000 MG into two 500MG softgels so that it’s easier to swallow. This means anything less than 120 softgels is NOT a full 30 day supply. My opinion is that 90 days is a better trial period.
3 Things To Stay Away From When Buying Sea Buckthorn
1. Stay away from juices and blends. Juices have very little actual Sea Buckthorn in them. And any product claiming a “proprietary blend” is masking the fact that it, too, has very little to offer. Check the label for “other ingredients” and if you find any, this is not the product you want. (Genesis Today Sea Buckthorn, my favorite, is not technically a juice, but more like the entire Sea Buckthorn Plant put in a blender, containing all of the seed oils, pulp, beat, skin, the entire berry)
2. Products that sell only seed oil or only berry oil. As we said above, the science shows incredible benefits from each – and both have properties the other doesn’t. To get the full benefit of Sea Buckthorn, get oil from both the seeds and berries.
3. If taking Sea Buckthorn in capsules (a good option to get the nutrients everyday), stay away from companies that manipulate the dosage to make it seem like you have more than you do. Some big name companies will sell 120 capsules, but only include 250 MG of Sea Buckthorn in each. Unfortunately, you really have to pay attention.